KINGSTON INTERNATIONAL SKIFF TRAINING IS HERE!
Good Morning Skiff Sailors
I want to share an exciting training opportunity with you.
Wind Athletes Canada, with the help of others, has pulled together a new domestic training program for Skiff Sailors. It’s called Kingston International Skiff Training (KIST) .
I have attached a flyer that explains it in more detail: KIST .
The 5 key elements are:
- Professional coaching by experienced 49er sailor Jon Ladha
- It will take place in Kingston with 3 weeks on the road at North American regattas in July
- Members of the Canadian Sailing Team will be encouraged to participate when not taking part in CST programming and sailors from other nations are welcome.
- If you need help with housing or part-time work to offset the cost of relocating to Kingston, we are able to help with that.
- You can commit for the entire summer starting in May or you can come and go in 1-2 week blocks if that fits your schedule best
I have copied Coach, Jon Ladha above and Trevor Parekh, who are available for you to consult with in shaping your summer plans. Please do not hesitate to contact them or me if you have any questions.
Canadian participants in the program will automatically have a Wind Athletes Donation page set up and receive coaching on how to fundraise. The fees for the camp can be paid for out of donations received from arms-length donors.
We want this to be a turn key training group of the highest calibre. If you are serious about your Olympic Skiff Campaign you need to sign up ASAP. If only I had such an opportunity when I was sailing, it might not have taken 16 years on the CST to get to the Olympics:)
The attached flyer has an application form.
President, Wind Athletes Canada